Shipping & Returns
Shipping fees are calculated based on multiple different criteria such as weight, size, insurance, destination, price and shipping method. To calculate your shipping fees, please add your items into your shopping cart, select your shipping method, proceed to checkout and you will be given your shipping fee prior to your order being placed. On orders with more than one main item, you may be subject to additional shipping charges which you would be notified of prior to us shipping your order. If you have your own shipping account, we can ship your order using that account. Simply advise us of your request, making sure to enter your UPS or FedEx account number in "Additional Comments" at Checkout. Also, please be sure to tell us what type of service you require (overnight, 2-day or 3-day service). TVI Electronics will NOT ship COD or freight collect.
TVI Electronics ships over 99% of domestic and international orders for in-stock items the same day we receive them or the very next day (refer to the cut-off times). We're extremely proud of this record! Our exclusive order entry system allows us to process orders quickly. If you choose to pay by credit card, your order will be processed promptly and shipped to you using the shipping method selected. If you choose a different payment option, you will receive detailed information with your order confirmation that explains how to effect payment. If you do not select an appropriate shipping method, your order will be adjusted accordingly to the proper shipping method and rate. If any further delay is anticipated due to shipper's travel or another reason, a notice will be posted on the main catalog page to this effect.
On request, we can even assure overnight delivery of a customer's order via national and international carriers. Choosing Overnight or 2-Day Delivery does not mean your order will be delivered 1 or 2 days from the time you place your order. Selecting either of these shipping options simply means that you will receive your order 1-2 days after your order has been verified and processed by our Sales Department.
Please note that delivery times provided during checkout are estimates and may vary by several days due to weather, mail volume, customs delays and other circumstances beyond our control. USPS Priority Mail or First Class Mail are our slowest but often the cheapest shipping methods. These mail services are not guaranteed to arrive within a specific timeframe.
All orders for in stock items will be shipped the same day if placed before the cut-off times, subject to credit approval.
(Note: TVI Electronics ships Mon. - Fri.)
All orders placed on weekends, holidays or after TVI Electronics' cut-off times will be processed the following business day, subject to credit approval and product availability.
Any items not in stock and quoted with a lead time will be processed and shipped as soon as we receive and inspect the parts.
If an order contains both in stock and out of stock items, in stock items can be shipped immediately at customer request. However, an additional shipping charge will apply.
TVI Electronics' Cut-off times for Same-Day Shipment, Monday - Friday, are as follows:
Orders entered by 12:30 pm CT - FedEx Ground/Home
Orders entered by 3:00 pm CT - All USPS options
Orders entered by 4:00 pm CT - All UPS options
Orders entered by 5:00 pm CT - All FedEx air options
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT CAREFULLY
We receive numerous inquiries from customers informing us that we have not forwarded their tracking information to them or they have not received their packages on time. Please note that orders shipped by any method other than UPS Express (US or International) or FedEx do not include tracking service. If you selected either our standard (postal) shipping or Priority Mail option, tracking information is not available to us, and we are unable to offer it to you. Please note that Priority Mail and First Class Mail delivery dates or times are not guaranteed by the USPS. Although the US post office is still telling us that international deliveries are taking six to ten business days, we are getting updates from our customers who are letting us know that standard Priority Mail delivery is often taking 14 to 21 business days. Depending upon the quality of your local postal carrier and operational conditions, transit times may be slightly longer or shorter. Failure to deliver on time is solely the responsibility of UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping carriers.
We will automatically insure all orders against accidental loss, theft or damage during transit to countries where insurance is available and for services other than First Class International and Priority Mail International Small Flat-Rate Boxes. Packages sent via First Class International can not be insured. The United States Post Office will provide merchandise insurance coverage options- up to the maximum amount allowed by the country. See the Individual Country Listings for availability and insurance limits. TVI Electronics will not be able to offer buyers optional insurance on their package for an extra fee. In the event that your order is being shipped to one of these areas not covered by insurance, TVI Electronics assumes no responsibility for delivery. Clients that desire their order to be sent to such locations do so at their own risk. Please note that once the order has been delivered to the specified delivery address, it is no longer covered by insurance.
All claims for damages must be reported to us immediately upon arrival of a damaged package. If your package was lost or damaged in transit please follow the steps below to initiate a shipping claim. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and will work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Depending upon the circumstances of the damage, we may also require you to send the damaged product and/or packaging back to us or hold it for a predetermined amount of time. DO NOT throw away any packaging or items associated with a damage claim until told to do so by the courier or by Customer Service. The shipping carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx) may wish to send an investigator to your house or place where the delivery was received to inspect damage. Cooperation with TVI Electronics and the carrier will help resolve these issues faster.
Download and complete the Claim Statement form.
Take photograph(s) of the damaged item(s) and packaging if applicable.
Return the form and photos to TVI Electronics via email, fax or mail.
TVI Electronics will contact the shipping company to file a claim. Please allow 1-8 business days for the claim process. USPS claims may take longer.
TVI Electronics will either refund your credit card in full or arrange replacement product(s) at the conclusion of the claim process.
TVI Electronics is not responsible for lost, misdirected, or abandoned mail. To ensure the safe arrival of your package, we recommend that you confirm all shipping information on your order as correct, and that someone will be available and authorized to collect your merchandise upon delivery. In case of packages returned to us or that require rerouting when caused by your error (for example, providing an incorrect shipping address), negligence/absence or refusal of a package, we will charge you an additional fee in addition to the original shipping cost. See Restocking Fees.
All shipping error claims must be made within 7 working days of goods delivery. We will either send the correct goods at no extra cost to you or give you a full refund if requested once the returned goods are received by us. Returns must be in the original packaging and factory sealed where applicable. If the product is not received in salable condition, restocking fee may apply.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. We guarantee the quality of our products, and we want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases. In the event the customer is experiencing the problems with product(s) purchased from TVI Electronics within the warranty period, the Warranty Guidelines will provide the customer with information for contacting TVI Electronics Customer Service and, if needed, obtaining a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number for the product(s). If during the warranty period the product will become defective, as determined by TVI Electronics' engineering, we will either: (a) repair or replace the product or any defective part; or (b) refund the purchase price of the product upon its receipt by us. TVI Electronics does not accept liability beyond the remedies set in the warranty guidelines or liability for incidental or consequential damages, including without limitations any liability for products not being available for use or for lost data or software. Custom and/or customized items may carry the warranties; however, they are non-returnable and non-refundable. See Custom Orders.
Statute of Limitation
No claim, action or cause of action arising out of or in connection with any sale or use of Goods or any claimed breach of TVI Electronics' standard terms and conditions may be asserted or brought by Buyer, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, no more than one (1) year after the date on which such cause of action or claim has accrued.
Seller will not be liable for delays in production or delivery due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of Buyer, acts of civil or military authorities, fires, strikes, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, war, delays in transportation, and inability to obtain necessary labor, materials or manufacturing facilities. In no event will Seller be liable to Buyer for any damages whatsoever, including loss of income, use or profits, or any collateral, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from delays or Seller's inability or failure to deliver Goods.
Every effort is made on the website to provide enough information for your purchase to be satisfactory. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your complete satisfaction. Please contact TVI Electronics and include the following information in your email:
- The full name of purchaser (for example, Jo Doe).
- The email address used to place the order (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The EXACT order number. If for any reason you do not have the original order or reference number, please contact us. We can look up the order number in our system given your full name and billing address and guide you through the online RMA request.
- A brief product description.
- The condition of the product (opened, unopened, defective, damaged).
- The reason for returning the product.
- If the product is defective or damaged, please tell us if you want an exchange for the same product.
All returns and warranty services are subject to approval by TVI Electronics Customer Service department. RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL BY OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Items must be returned in NEW (unused, untested, and resalable) condition, in the original manufacturer packaging, with all accessories, kit components, promotional items, CDs and instruction manuals included. Generally, as a "rule-of-thumb" you should return the items to us the same way we sent them to you - in the same condition and with all the original contents. If a promotional item is missing, its value will be added to the original price you paid for the order, thus reducing the amount of the refund, if such is issued.
To return or exchange an item, please follow these simple steps:
- Once your return request was approved by TVI Electronics, you will need to obtain a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. To obtain an RMA number online login to the website, view your order history, view the order for which you wish to return something. Click the Return Item button and fill in the request. No return or exchange will be accepted without a valid RMA Number. Please note that RMA numbers are valid for 15 days after the date of issue. Purchaser is responsible for return of merchandise within the allotted time. RMA numbers will NOT be extended or re-issued. Expired RMA's will not be accepted and refunds will not be allowed. Any returned items shipped Collect or COD will be refused and returned to the customer at their expense and the RMA will be considered void.
- Once your RMA request is submitted and approved by TVI Electronics, the customer is to pack defective items carefully for return. For your protection, items must be returned shipping prepaid, insured for the full value and safely wrapped to prevent shipping damage. TVI Electronics assumes no liability for lost or damaged by the customer/carrier return shipments. Damage or loss as a result of improper packaging may invalidate both the RMA and the warranty. Shipping, insurance, and handling charges are not refundable. Save your tracking numbers, as they can prove invaluable if your return is lost in transit to us. Your purchase must be returned with shipping pre-paid. An analysis report is required, explaining the problem with each unit. Download and complete the Returned Goods Form and enclose with your return. Without the report it may cause a delay in repairing the unit(s).
- Returns should be sent to:
TVI Electronics LLC.
Attn. Returns Department
2211 Rayford Rd.,
Spring, TX 77386
- You will get a notification as soon as your return has been processed. All returns are processed within 3 business days of the receipt of returned merchandise. Refunds, when applicable, will be issued as soon a possible, no more than 10 business days. Credit card companies vary in their processes of posting credits back to your account.
Return Policy Exceptions
We are unable to accept returns on the following items:
1. Items not purchased from TVI Electronics or cannot be linked to TVI Electronics Direct Order Number.
2. Products that have been customized, modified (cut, trimmed, altered from their original form) or damaged by use or installation of additional software or options.
4. Repair parts flagged as non-returnable.
5. Product which have been marked "EOL", made obsolete and/or products that may not have a remaining market value.
There is no restocking fee for returns of unopened, unused, and untested items returned within 30 days. This means that an item must be in sellable as new condition. Please keep in mind that restrictions apply (see Return Policy Exceptions for more details). We reserve the right to refuse to issue credit for any item that has been used, misused or damaged. We also reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of a minimum 15% and up to 25% on returns of opened, used, or damaged products or on products returned after 30 days of purchase. We also reserve the right to charge the restocking fee for exchanges and returns that don't follow our Return Policy or for high-value items of $1,000 and up. Additional fees may apply if the item is not returned in its original packaging or is missing components. Items received without a valid RMA number are considered "unauthorized returns" and may result in restock fee of up to 40% or be returned to the customer at their expense.
A restocking fee of 20% will be charged for any orders returned to us marked "refused" or "unclaimed". In addition, the customer will be responsible for any return shipping charges assessed by the carrier. For international (non-US) deliveries, the customer will be responsible for any duty/VAT/import charges on refused or unclaimed shipments, in addition to return shipping costs. Shipping costs are not refundable on refused or unclaimed shipments. All orders that require re-shipping due to returned, refused, unclaimed or undeliverable packages will be charged a 20% restocking fee plus the new shipping charges.
Your satisfaction is always our top priority. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to facilitate an exchange for you. Please return the item to us within 30 days of purchase and you will not be charged restocking fees, provided the item is in NEW (unopened, unused, untested and resalable) condition and it does not fall into our Return Policy Exceptions category.
If an item comes damaged as a result of shipping, please see Shipment Claims for more information.
If you would like to exchange an item for a different one, please follow the steps outlined in our Return Policy to return the original item (you will be refunded your original product purchase price once we receive the item), and place another order for the item you wish to purchase. You do not have to wait for us to receive the original item before placing the new order. Please note that it takes us 1 to 3 business days to process returns once they arrive at our Returns Department. You can view the status of your returns by logging into Your Account and accessing the relevant order summary.
1. Dead On Arrival (DOA) Product: System Failure Out of the Box
A hardware product is considered DOA if it shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operability, upon its first use out of the box. If you believe that your product is DOA, please contact us within 30 days of the invoice date. Our Technical Support will determine whether the product is DOA and offer you the following options:
- Replacement: The same product that you ordered will be shipped to you.
- Repair: You may have the product repaired; however, once repaired, the product is no longer eligible for replacement.
- Credit: We will issue a full refund for a standard product. The customer will meet delivery costs under this policy.
DOA Terms and Conditions
- This DOA policy applies only to products that were purchased from TVI Electronics and can be linked to TVI Electronics Direct Order Number.
- If the product is deemed DOA by our Technical Support more than 30 days after the invoice date, TVI Electronics' standard product warranty will apply.
- If the product is deemed by our Technical Support NOT to be DOA, TVI Electronics' standard product warranty will apply.
- Shipping will be arranged via the cheapest shipping service at our expense for all products determined by our Technical Support to be DOA. Customers requesting faster service will be responsible for additional shipping charges.
- We reserve the right to test all returned DOA products. If the condition of the product(s) is misrepresented by the customer, we may impose additional shipping & handling fee.
2. Defective Product: Under Factory Warranty
If any product becomes defective within its warranty period, it may be returned for repair, replacement or credit. Legitimate product failures will be processed as "Under Factory Warranty" and repaired or exchanged for the same or equal (per TVI Electronics' discretion) items.
3. Defective Product: Out of the Warranty
All returns not covered under factory warranty and/or damaged by customer will be subject to administrative and engineering fees based on model. All RMA returns not covered under factory warranty and/or damaged by customer will be evaluated by TVI Electronics engineering and billed to customer at the standard engineering rate of $75.00/hour. This charge does not include repair parts or services. To help customers avoid RMA evaluation charge, TVI Electronics offers RMA Guide to the most common problems. These problems are often caused by mishandling or improper testing at the customer's location. Please review these problems before requesting an RMA. If you have any question or concerns, please contact your salesperson or our RMA department.
Upon receipt, any changes in repair costs will be noted prior to repairs being made. No work will be performed until your approval on all the charges is confirmed. Lead time for all returned parts is determined by TVI Electronics engineering. Electing not to have TVI Electronics repair the product, the product will be returned to the customer as is. Any replacement products not covered by the warranty will be shipped at the customer's expense. If customer refuses to pay for return shipping, the item will be discarded and TVI Electronics will not be held liable for any losses.
Non-Defective Item Returns
If you order the wrong product(s) and do not realize until delivered or have a change of mind, please notify us as soon as possible. Please return the goods within the 30 day period, clearly stating your order number, name, address and contact details. Non-defective product returns must be the exact product that was shipped out, in NEW (unopened, unused, untested and resalable) condition, and have a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. We will either send the correct goods or give a full refund per your request. The customer will meet delivery costs under this policy.
Should we dispatch the wrong item(s), please see
Shipping Errors for more information.
Last Updated: September 10, 2015
All products made by TVI Electronics are guaranteed to last through normal use. If a problem should occur, please send us an email and we will remedy the issue. If a product breaks because of undue stress placed on it, we will charge reasonable rates to repair it. If you need other adjustments, product repair or creation of a custom designed controller, our rates are very reasonable. Contact us or fill out our Service Request Form on our main site and we will walk you through the procedure.